Help Request: Converting EPSG 3452 to WGS 84 Ellipsoid Height

Hi everyone,

I am requesting help with converting from EPSG 3452 to WGS 84 Ellipsoid.

Q1: How do we properly convert a known coordinate to a WGS 84 (so we can manually input the coordinates of the DJI RTK 2 system via the Smart Controller)?

Real-World Example:
KNOWN COORDINATE (shot in EPSG 3452):
X - Easting - 2656685.37
Y - Northing - 620662.54
Z - Elevation - 16.10 (ftUS)

I would like to convert this to WGS 84 so I can place my DJI RTK 2 system over this point to have better data results overall. Can anyone help me with the conversion and check my work?

Here’s what I get when I use the EPSG.io website to convert:
(Transform coordinates - GPS online convertor)

CONVERSION to WGS 84:
X - Longitude: -93.3090653°
Y - Latitude: - 30.1919042°

Assuming the above X & Y conversion is correct, I still am having issues with the HEIGHT (what to put as the Z value in the DJI Smart Controller). I can tell you when powering up the RTK system it shows something like (-20.0m) or something close at this location before manually adjusting any coordinates.

Any help is appreciated.

(PS: Q2: When processing in DJI Terra, is it correct to select WGS 84 / UTM zone 15N (because we are in Louisiana))?

Maybe this link will be useful (read the thread):

I am unable to speak directly to your L1/DJI Terra, however, the coordinate “issues” must be understood to make this data work in the real world.
Your “height” and the error you speak about is the geodial/ellipsoid height difference. In my part of the universe, it is 17m.

The propeller tool is very nice. Thank you for this.

However, my issue is the following:
I panicked a bit when I saw the DJI system telling me my Elevation was -20.0m. When I tried to change this to 6.707m, the DJI system told me there was a “large variance” or something like that. So I panicked and left it as the -20m or something. Can anyone confirm this is normal practice for the DJI RTK 2 system.

(Please ignore Terra for this portion of my concern).

I certainly cannot confirm that is normal behavior for the D-RTK 2 because we stopped using ours shortly after doing L1 testing with it. We now use an Emlid Reach RS2 as the RTK antenna for the M300 and it seems to work great.

The best way to apply precision to your datasets is going to be to use GCPs and collect them in the final destination projection (I.E. NAD83(2011) / YOUR STATE (USft)

If you can collect those points and put a few of them on (black/white checkerboard) aerial targets and then pair that with the Rock Cloud then you’ve got a winning combination that will allow you precision and accuracy in your datasets.

Yes we definitely use GCP’s. We are taking one “away” and using it as the RTK base station point. This is why we have to convert EPSG 3452 to WGS 84. The lat/long is easy. But the elevation is always questionable.

I wonder if anyone else can confirm their process when placing the RTK2 system over a known point?

Psst @codyp this is the tool you’re looking for Online VDatum: Vertical Datums Transformation