Rock On Lidar Firmware v3.7.7.0 Questions

Below I have copied and pasted what is listed as being a part of the Firmware update package for the R2A. Some of the items are pretty self explanatory however some of the others not so much. Could Rock make a post on what each of the updates will do for the users? For example what is the use case for being able to alter the FOV in the geometry tab. For some users that aren’t as savvy as others I think when an update comes out like this it would help to explain what the updates would do for us, as the end user, and how to utilize them.

As always thanks for a great product and the continued support. Rock on.

v3.7.7.0 (Recommended)
Enable SLAM data collection (requires Rock Cloud SLAM subscription)
Setting a project name on the Status page
Altering field of view in the Geometry tab
IMU to antenna offsets uploaded with the pcmp file and saved to the Boresight tab
Renaming of the scan patterns to reflect circular/line in the LiDAR Service tab
Camera startup updates
Enhancements for slow USB writes

1 Like

Absolutely @cr8648. We’ll create a companion article or add some links where documentation was updated.

@cr8648 I actually ended up appending some information directly to the release notes.

v3.7.7.0 (Recommended)
Enable SLAM data collection (requires Rock Cloud SLAM subscription)
Setting a project name on the Status page
Altering field of view in the Geometry tab

Before this release if you wanted to limit the laser’s field of view you were required to update the setting when processing in PCMaster (see Cloud Filters). You can now set this within the GUI of the LiDAR. You may want to do this if you use the soon to be released “batch processor” tool.

IMU to antenna offsets uploaded with the pcmp file and saved to the Boresight tab

This setting will ultimately speed up processing with PCMaster.

Renaming of the scan patterns to reflect circular/line in the LiDAR Service tab
Camera startup updates
Enhancements for slow USB writes

Let me know if you have any other questions about the release.

@Alex I’ve updated the firmware and in the Configure Livox Tab it has updated the value names for the scan patterns, however it never allows me to save any changes on this tab. It always kicks me back to the Status tab and none of the changes to the fields persist. Is it possible this might have been a bug fixed in a previous firmware? I thought about doing a roll back but the other versions aren’t available in the gdrive folder. TYIA

I have had the same issue on that page. Also when you try to change the sensitivity option. The work around for me was to load the page on a Windows PC and used Chrome. Im not saying that that is the solution, but it worked for me.

Hey guys! I see everyone is excited for SLAM. If you have SLAM set to “Off” it won’t let you change the scan pattern permanently to Non-Repetitive Circular and vice versa if you have SLAM set to On to Repetitive Line.

SLAM ON = Non Repetitive Circular Pattern - not for use on drone
SLAM OFF = Repetitive Line - only for use on drone

You do NOT need to manually change the scan pattern in Settings-LIDAR Service. It will automatically change based on the SLAM setting.

1 Like

Thanks Daniel, makes sense, But my issue was for the high sensitivity option not toggling. We use this function a lot for work on our fixed wing drones when working over 150m AGL

I was able to change the pattern in Safari on my iPhone, and it was intermittent in Chrome. We will continue to look but that should be a good workaround, just using another browser.