Request for Urgent Assistance: Complex R3Pro Licensing and Data Processing Error

I am reaching out in a situation that has not only baffled me but also significantly hindered my field operations. I am using a newly acquired R3Pro, equipped with the latest software and firmware updates. My previous experiences with this model have been smooth and successful, but a recent incident has raised concerns about a possible license error or software malfunction, which I urgently need help with.

Initial Situation and Setup:

• Context: I own and operate Drone Services Canada Inc., specializing in advanced aerial surveys and inspections. My recent purchase of the R3Pro was to enhance our operational capacity.
  • Preparation: On the day of the incident, I was at a site tasked with surveying a 200-acre area. I began by setting up our Carlson BRX7 for GPS logging. For the flight plan, I used the Rock Pilot app, anticipating the need for 2-3 battery sets given the vast area.

First Flight Sequence and Issues:

• Launch and Operation: The launch and initial operation proceeded without any hitches. The drone’s performance was as expected until the first set of batteries ran low.
  • Battery Swap Challenge: Upon receiving the low battery signal, I paused the mission, performed a manual landing, and proceeded with a hot swap of the batteries. To my surprise, the interface on the Rock Pilot app did not display a ‘resume’ option post-swap, leaving me unable to continue the paused mission.

Second Flight Attempt and Data Processing Hurdle:

• UGCS Reprogramming: Given the issue with the Rock Pilot app, I switched to UGCS to reprogram the mission. The drone managed a 2-battery flight, totaling approximately 32 minutes.
  • Data Transfer and Error Message: Post-mission, I followed the standard shutdown procedure and transferred the RINEX file to my computer. However, when attempting to process the data, I was met with a disheartening error: “Failed to process trajectory please contact support or the forum.”

Troubleshooting and Repetition of Issue:

• Alternative Approach with R2A: Faced with limited options, I decided to re-fly the entire mission using our older R2A unit. Although the flight seemed fine, the data processing yet again crashed at the trajectory processing stage, this time with no error message, just a crash.
  • Observation with PCMaster (RTK): Using PCMaster for RTK processing, I was able to view the flight path and LiDAR data, indicating that the data was intact but the processing was impeded.

License Concerns and Further Complications:

• Similar Past Experiences: This issue bears a striking resemblance to a situation I encountered a few years back, which was then identified as a processing license expiration. However, I have verified that my current license is active and valid until August 2024.
  • Additional Testing with R2A Data: In an attempt to diagnose the issue, I tried re-processing an old dataset from the R2A. Unfortunately, this also resulted in a crash during the trajectory processing phase.

Impact and Call for Help:

• Extended Field Hours: This issue has drastically extended my time in the field, accumulating 4-5 extra hours of troubleshooting without resolution.
  • Urgency for Resolution: The lack of weekend support has left me without professional guidance. I have a pressing deadline to meet by Monday, and I am hoping for insights, advice, or solutions from this knowledgeable community.

Could this be a licensing issue with Rock’s software, or is there another underlying problem that I’m overlooking? Any form of assistance, advice, or guidance from this community would be immensely valuable to me at this juncture.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my detailed account. I look forward to any suggestions or support you can offer.

-Eric