Recover Data from Power Failure

I’ve had an issue the last few times out where the power cable dislodged from the m600 midflight. Is this data recoverable from anywhere???

I see one folder on the thumb drive from one of the failed flights today, but all it has in it is the data folder and data files. Can’t figure how to pull it into pcmaster to recreate the project files and attempt to build trajectory.

You need to email support and get the beta version of PC Master and it will let you do it.

Thanks Daniel! I will give them a buzz

You can open the data folders in PCMaster and it will rebuild the project. Usually takes a little while longer to do so and you won’t have a PCPainter file either, for that there is a another work around that you’ll have to do to get the point cloud colorized it requires editing another PPK.pcpp file from the same day to reflect the failed flight with the missing shutdown.

We had a couple flights where the system stopped recording randomly mid-flight and need to process the data from the .data files. We have managed to run the ppk files and produce the results from this flight, but need to colorize and geotag imagery still. Can you clarify the workflow to run PC Painter on a failed flight where those startup files (ppk & rtk pcmaster and pcpainter) were not generated before the system stopped recording?

@Elevate What version of the software are you on?

It’s best to pin this topic and get notifications so you know when new releases come out.

The reason I ask is because from version 2.2.1.0 forward it will automatically write the unit specific parameters into the .data files so you don’t have to manually enter them.

How to do manual processing on a “force stop” data collection.

@RR_Flight_Ops I’ll go through the updates and let you know if I need anything else.

Thanks!

Make sure you update your firmware as well.

We have updated the firmware and are still having this power failure issue. I have no idea what is causing it, but it is a frustrating process to deal with and seems to be happening on a regular basis. Literally every job I am dealing with this issue.

Fortunately the updated version of PCMaster has made it simpler to process the .DATA files that are recovered when the system comes back powered down, but while in the field collecting data we cannot determine at what point in the flight the failure occurred. To do so, we need tp pull the basefile and process the .DATA files to see where the trajectory stops, which takes time and shuts down the base. This is rarely feasible and causes a serious disturbance in the data collection/field efficiency.

As soon as we start recording data we turn off wifi on our devices, as that was thought to be a potential issue causing the power failure. Has there been any update to this issue? We just finished collecting at a project site a couple days ago and we could not easily pull the basefile (because it was in a different location from our ground station) and do field processing as we had to keep collecting data. This forced us to guess where it stopped recording, we guessed wrong and missed a chunk of our AOI. I really hope this issue is taken seriously and resolved soon. If not, I do not think I can rely on this system for our larger project areas and see it more as a sensor only able to do small project areas one flight at a time where data loss is not as big of deal and can be easily resolved.

Please let me know if you have any updates or additional suggestions on how to avoid this issue.

Would you please submit the crash logs to support@rockrobotic.com

We’ll take a look!

Just sent an email with links and attachments. Please make this a priority and keep me posted.