R1A Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some frequently asked questions about the R11.

Q: What is the number of returns?

A: Three. First, strongest, and last.

Q: Does the LiDAR unit take power from the drone or does it have its own battery source?

A: The R1A will take power from the DJI Skyport or an XT60 connection.

Q: What is the optimal operating height for the LiDAR unit?

A: Review https://docs.rockrobotic.com for all the details. But, in short, the optimal height is about 50m AGL.

Q: Can I fly the R1A on a drone other than the M300?

A: Yes! The R1A is lightweight and can attach to most drones with a payload capacity sufficient to handle it. Click here for the weight and other specifications of the R1A.

Q: I need a quote so I can get approval from my organization, how can I do that?

A: You can add the product to your cart and select “Manual” payment at checkout and submit the order. This will send you an email with a full order. Then you can contact us to arrange payment once you have approval.

Q: Can I get a demo unit shipped so I can evaluate further?

We have been asked this question a lot.

Our goal from the beginning of development on ROCK robotic was to keep our costs as low as possible so we can pass on the savings to our customers. A few ways we do this is by providing video content, freely available documentation (docs.rockrobotic.com), this community collaboration site, and freely available datasets via cloud.rockrobotic.com. Having demo units that we can ship out to potential customers increases the cost of our sales and we would have to pass that along to our customers.

We will revisit this decision in the future, but as of right now we are shipping out units to customers as fast as we can build them. There are worse problems to have :wink:

Please suggest additional information we can place on our media platforms that can help with your decision to purchase.

2 Likes