Point Cloud to BIM Modelling

Hi Guys, I’m looking for a way to convert point clouds file into BIM Modelling for CAD users. This is a new market, we could sell our scan services to building companies, would be great to hear if is anybody already on this way too. I’m still trying to figure out what’s a good process and software to deal with.

Cheers,
André

Hi @decones If you are using Autodesk products, Recap Pro is a good way to convert LAZ files into RCP or RCS files for import into Revit, Plant 3D, or Civil 3D for building modeling.

Thanks Jared, I already did that ans it worked ok, but, my question here is what come next, the process to convert Laz or RCP into CAD draw project…Checking aroud I see people drawing all over the point cloud to get a DXF usefull file, this take a lot of time and knowloge, I wonder if there is some automatic process sw to do that.

Hi @decones I imagine that would require a complex AI script or program to automate the drawing from point cloud to CAD linework. Rock Robotic does provide a Planimetrics deliverable to get linework from point cloud to CAD format in DWG and DXF format.

Are you looking for BIM models, or cadastral linework?