PC Painter Issues

I have tried both traditional and command line and my PCPainter just keeps crashing at “Building octree”, is there anything I can do? I have a Civil 3D CAD laptop:

Intel® Core™ i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
64.0 GB (63.7 GB usable)
NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000

Daniel,

We’ll get to the bottom of this ASAP. Thanks for the info.

I have same issue with large files, tried that Command Line method but still no success :frowning:

Hey there @decones - have you seen this article Why wont PCPainter Work?

Hello Jamie,

Yes I do check that FAQ on PCPainter webpage, but this thing is related to PCPainter crash if your file has more than 1,400 photos, try it yourself, I bet you won’t get.
I did try to split into 2 batch process but got some erros in trajetory file and decided this is not a good way to go.
My successfull workaround was to delete those unused photos during takeoff, landng, battery changing… well, I did reduce from 1,400 to 1,100 and guess what? No crashes on PCPainter.
Before I also tried those CML commands Harrison recomended, but, still no good.
This is really a software imitation issue, e or maybe hardware (BTW I’m running in a AMD Ryzen 9 with 16GB ram and RTX Geforce 2060.

Hey thank you for writing out what steps you took and writing out your specs on your machine- its really helpful to get the whole picture- so removing the takeoff landing and battery changes did the trick? Glad to hear that you were able to process after the photo removal

Yes, it worked.
In fact, I just need that ppk_image_list to get exif written in the photos files and then generate my orthomosaaic with PPK accuracy.

1 Like

We’ve done plenty of flights over 1400 images and never ran into this issue. The largest flight we’ve done to-date had 3600 images and PCPainter processed it without any issues.

1 Like