Ortho Input File Prep

I’ve been playing with the ortho image import feature that has been recently released. I have not had any success, but I believe that my lack of success is DIRECTLY RELATED to the fact I am not prepping my data properly before sending it to Rock.

1. Make sure your image is in the “RE-projected” coordinates you have your data set too.
  2. Make it a .tiff ortho image (I had the wrong one a few times… oops, watch those file names!)

Does anyone have useful tips or workflow to help down sample .tiff imagery? Tiny files are not an option for my current set up. Mine clock in at 20gb (!!!)

1 Like

I am making a tutorial video on how to downsample with QGIS. Should be live soon!

Sweet!

Thank you for this… Having an excellent reference would help us not make silly mistakes!

Here it is! Smaller ortho file size with the ROCK Cloud - YouTube

1 Like

I used pix 4d to create an orthophoto that I captured with the M 300 and a zenmuse p1. I had the drone in rtk mode and connected to to local CORS network when capturing ( the same network used to establish my GCPs ) My ortho looks great, got it uploaded to Rock Cloud fine, the only problem is that isn’t aligned very well with my lidar data set. ( not terribly, but some of the objects are over 1’ out. ) I trust my lidar data over the ortho photo for sure, but is there a way to increase the accuracy of ortho photos?