OPUS Solutions with Emlid Reach RS2 Base Station

Yes as well as email you for help with no luck.

@Lgeren Iā€™ve not had a single Reach log process successfully in OPUS, however GNSS Converter has worked every time.

1 Like

Hey Lgeren,

I discussed with support today. We followed the instructions above and had a successful OPUS solution. OPUS is a tricky tool to use, it is important to follow ALL of the steps in our instructions. Can you verify that each step was carefully followed? I would like to hear your feedback to help the rest of the viewers here on the forum.

how are you uploading when you have a file over 200mb @RSI_Eric

@Harrison So in the emlid we were told to use the most up to date rinex version. So with the tutorial being made back in december i thought we should be choosing the same. But Opus must be finicky on rinex version. So choosing 2.10 is a must.

Though 2/3 did work i am still battling the last one and i did 1 & 3 the same way.

Iā€™ve re uploaded maybe @Alex can see the error. I did try and cut 15 min off front and back as it is giving a noise error.

Thanks everyone

@Lgeren I havenā€™t had a file that large. You might be able to use RTKLib to to break it up into smaller file sizes more in line with your flight times? At this rate, while I do love the emlid and the premise, Iā€™m almost willing to go buy a used Trimble R6/8/10 just to know itā€™ll work every time out with Opus.

If the file size is large then this means it is a long acquisition time and most likely has all the satellite systems selected on the RTKCONV. First, verify that ONLY GPS is selected. See below

If you verified all the setings are corrrect and you are still getting the size limit on OPUS, then this means you have a very long acquisition. In which case, OPUS will only accept every 30 second intervals. So you can simply change the interval to 30 secondā€¦ I believe OPUS even recommends this. See image below.

Now your file size will be very small. Because it only includes the GPS satellite constellation and it theoretically should be 1/30th the size since it only includes the samples from 30 second intervals.

This being said, i believe you probably had all the satellite constellations selected and therefore following the original steps carefully and completely is what you need to do.

2 Likes