M350 & RTK communication

New to the Rock community here. I’m still trying to get my M350 to connect with a base unit, but I don’t have a Emlid Reach unit. Please tell me the Emlid Reach isn’t the only way to connect.

Also, I haven’t been able to navigate the console screen to find how to connect the M350 to an internet hotspot.

What base unit are you trying to connect with your M350 drone?

For connecting to a hotspot/wifi, you should just have two swipe down twice on the RC screen and then you should see the wifi icon you can use to set up your connection.

I was trying to connect to a S900 StoneX base unit, but it didn’t help that I couldn’t figure out how to get the Wifi connected either.

What LiDAR unit are you using?
We have our M350 carrying the R3-Pro, and the base unit (we are using an Emlid) doesn’t actually connect to the Base. The base simply captures the data while the drone is in the air and then the rock desktop pulls the two data sets together. I’m not sure if I’m understanding you correctly, but there is no ‘active’ connection between the base and the drone during the flight.
As to the wifi connection, Andrew is right - you should just swipe down on the controller screen,

Same as you, I also have the R3 Pro, but I didn’t have enough to purchase the Emlid, so I’m having to rely on my current employer’s Carlson BRX3 base or the s900 StoneX. But it’s not real clear how the drone/base units communicate or what data is produced/used by each… I just assumed they connected and communicate the data corrections on the fly, but apparently not.

Correct, there is no real time communication. All you need is the t02 file and other file data from the gps head, and you add this data into rock desktop. There is no active link between the base and drone/ROCK, it is simply used in the processing step.