Licenses to Operate in the United Kingdom

Hey Guys,

Do you know if there are any licenses specific to the United Kingdom you need to operate the M300 and other equipment. Or do the licenses obtained here in the states good over there too?

Thoughts and Feedback appreciated. Thanks!

Hey, there! We aren’t able to comment specifically on licensing in the UK, but you might try reaching out with this question on the Commercial drone Mapping and Surveying Facebook Page as well. There are group members on there from all over the world that might have some helpful insight for you!

I realise this post was a while ago, but i’m in the UK, flying an M300, recently purchased the R3 Pro. Reach out if you need anything.

Short answer, you need to sit a General Visual Line of Sight course (GVC) which I guess is equivalent to part 107.
You then apply to Civil Aviation Authority (UK version of FAA) for an Operational Authorisation, which you also need to create an operations manual for.

Happy to capture data in the uk for you to save you the hassle!