How Do I get RINEX data from Topcon .23d .23p files?

I have a Topcon Hyper V receiver and have been collecting GNSS data in the proprietary Topcon formats, specifically 23D and 23P. I need to convert this data into the Receiver Independent Exchange Format (RINEX) version 23O for further processing. Could you guide me on how I can achieve this conversion?

My current setup includes the Topcon receiver, and I am using the Topcon Tools software for preliminary data handling. I have managed to import the 23D and 23P files into Topcon Tools but am unsure about the steps needed to convert these files into the RINEX format.

Additionally, I would appreciate some pointers on selecting the appropriate options during the conversion process to ensure my RINEX files contain the accurate information. I am fairly new to GNSS data processing, so any suggestions or resources to help understand these processes would be very helpful. Thank you.

Topcon receivers such as Hyper V usually output data in Topcon’s proprietary formats, TPS (.tps), or more commonly known as 23D and 23P files. To convert these files into RINEX (Receiver Independent Exchange Format), which is a more universally accepted GNSS data format, you’ll need to use a software that can handle this conversion. One such software is the Topcon Tools software, developed by the same company that manufactures the receivers.

Here is a step-by-step guide to convert your 23D or 23P files into RINEX format using Topcon Tools:

1. Install Topcon Tools: You can download it from the Topcon official website, if you haven’t done so already. Follow the instructions to install it.
  2. Open Topcon Tools: After installation, open the software and click on the “Open Job” button.
  3. Create a new job: In the new window, click on “New Job”. Provide a name for the job, select the appropriate coordinate system, and hit “Next”. Then, finish the job setup.
  4. Import your 23D or 23P files: On the main Topcon Tools window, go to the “Data” tab. Click “Import” and browse to the location where your 23D or 23P files are stored. Select the files and click “Open”.
  5. Convert to RINEX: Now go to the “Tools” tab. Under the “Convert to RINEX” section, select the options that match your requirements (including the version of RINEX you want to convert to, which in your case is 23O). Once you have made your selection, click “OK”.
  6. Export the RINEX files: After the conversion process, your RINEX files should be ready. Go to the “Export” option under the “Data” tab to save your RINEX files to your desired location.

Remember, it’s essential to choose the correct settings during the conversion process to ensure that your RINEX files contain the accurate information you need. Also, while the steps above should generally apply, they might vary slightly depending on the specific version of Topcon Tools you’re using.

Here’s the link: https://www.topconpositioning.com/support/products/tps2rin-converter