Feature Requests

Early on with this unit but here are 2 feature requests I would like to add to the queue if not already there (search did not show anything on these).

1. Draw polygon to define start/stop processing boundary when generating cloud. This will make it easier to do testing and remove passes or unwanted areas easier. Right now it takes a lot of clicking. Another alternative would be to allow for the cutting of output LAS into number of points (500k, 1mil, 5 mil, etc).This makes file management easier in other tools (metashape, etc) without having to sort and carve up with polygons based on gpstime.

2. Command line option (or GUI but not necessary) to export the trajectory after processing in SBET format.

Thanks

Welcome to the community!

Could you elaborate a little bit on your first question. As I understand it you are saying that it is too difficult to select the beginning and end points from your processed trajectory? It seems pretty easy to me in that you just select the beginning and end points of each selection and it adds it to the overall selection. I feel like using a polygon to select would inevitably include the calibration and/or battery swap parts of the flight that most likely we do not want to include in our selection.

When you say “cutting of output LAS” what part are you trying to cut? The beginning or the end? I’m not sure I understand the second part of your question either.

For the trajectory, what type of file would you like to output it as?

Feature Request for PC Painter (and/or the exif writer). Mark photo list based on what pictures are within the selected start/stop areas of the flight lines. (ie provide a way to filter out pictures when the LiDAR is not being exported)

1 Like

AND… make the image tags with less characters in their file names.

The current file naming is comically long.

How about… rock_img_0001, rock_img_0002 etc. etc. etc.

I’d also love that feature… @navigator is that a thing?

@FlyingRadioWaves the photos are named as such according to:

Pictures in folder - CameraSN_shutterStartTime_ShitterFinishTime

@FlyingRadioWaves
yep, I just use “rename-it” after running pc painter to clip the file names down to the right 12 characters in there and excel.

Means I can maintain sort order, and not have duplicate names within one series of flights.

@RR_Flight_Ops i could sort and filter in excel… based on my start stop selection times, but I’d hope that’s much easier in pc painter while it’s matching things up…

Does Anyone out there have an option to export the Trajectory file to a 3rd part application like a kmz/kml
John

You can get a .kml of your aircraft’s trajectory fairly easily using Airdata.

1. Make an account at Airdata
  2. Import (load-up) your flight data to/in Airdata
  3. Export your data from Airdata as a KML file
  4. Read your KML data in Google Earth Pro
  5. Export the data in Google Earth Pro as a picture…and voila…your flight lines are visible…