Drone Mounting Systems

What is the lead time on a custom drone mount? I see several DJI mounting options in the purchase page. Is there an added cost for custom airframe mounting?

Thank you for the question. Yes Currently we have mounting systems for the M200 M210 M300 M600 series drones from DJI. Custom mounting options are available. This will be an extra cost, but not a significant amount. We will work with you to configure the system onto a new drone system.

Hi Harrison & Co.,
Is it possible to mount the R2A in a manner so that it is in a horizontal view or something other than nadir (45 degrees; 60 degrees etc)? M300 would be the platform. Our objective is to scan vertical surfaces on a large scale (large cliffs etc).
Thanks.

This is a great question. Currently there is no official mounting system for this. All ROCK LiDAR systems self calibrate to any orientation. This being said, if you mount and power the system in a forward facing direction then fly the standard calibration flight, then our desktop processing software will recognize this change and automatically calibrate to your new configuration.

An official mount is in the making, but in the meantime - let us know if you come up with a good design for thisđź‘Ť we would love to share with the community.

Aftermarket accessories🥳

Speaking about orientation, we are happy to report that we tested the unit rotated on its side and mounted on a ground based vehicle for some terrestrial scans. It worked perfectly but needs a heck of a strong mount to deal with rotational / offset CG forces. A design to better support the unit on a terrain like this in in the works in our R&D division as we feel that it is a point that experiences a lot of loading force.

@Raven21 Welcome to the Community! Glad to have you on board!

@laserboy Keep us posted as to what you come up with, we’ve done some testing ourselves and the output is extremely promising!

I don’t have an R2A yet, I am just researching how flexible it would be for our needs. Thanks for the responses, though - very encouraging!

It’s very flexible! You would be amazed!

Aerial vs. Aerial & Mobile