Drone lidar services and visas

Good day Harrison and Rock Robotic team.

I hope this message finds you well.

My name is Brendan and I’m from South Africa and it is a great pleasure to be speaking to you.

I’ve been following your work on YouTube and online for quite some time, and thanks to you and your amazing team and the awesome products you’ve created, I have decided to pursue this same career of drone lidar mapping.

I have contacted someone on your chat support some time ago and they kindly advised me to come to the community support group where I can make contact with you regarding my situation.

I have been trying to come to America for a long time, but in South Africa it is quite hard to obtain a visa. I’ve been meaning to get my qualification as a drone pilot here as well, with the purpose of coming to work in America with it. But I later learnt that my south African drone licence won’t be the same and valid as your part 107 in the USA.

I know it’s a long shot, but I wanted to kindly ask if with this in mind, you could give any advice as to what I could do. To be honest, I would love to qualify and come work for your company internally. But I know there’s alot of red tape around that.

I just wanted to hear what you could suggest concerning my obtaining a work visa for the purpose to come and do drone lidar in the USA. Or should I apply to come and do my part 107 there on the basis of a student visa and then change that to a work visa later when I’m qualified? Or should I first go to school here and apply for a work visa to come and possibly, work for your company if you’d consider me or another company be it that.

My best friend lives in San Francisco in the bay area, where I think your offices are located as well if I’m not mistaken? He owns his own architectural and construction firm, Takami Engineering, and he’s been trying to help me get here as well for the longest time but we’ve not yet succeeded.

So I know this must be a mouth full and not your area at all. But I’m extremely passionate about drones and have been wanting to get into the lidar, mapping and surveying business a long time. My dad was a traditional land surveyor his whole life, and I’d love to follow in his footsteps. With a little bit of an upgraded way of doing it that is. And I honestly can’t say that anyone has impressed me as much as your company that you and your team have built.

If at all possible I would love to show South Africa what you do as well and if all goes well, possibly bring your brand home with me, and expand it this way. But all this being said. I genuinely love your work, and just wanted to reach out as a fan and let you know I watch every single one of your videos. I’ve learnt so much and I’ve requested a quote for one of your drone and lidar solutions just a few minutes ago.

I hope to hear back from you soon. Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Brendan Benadé
Hide quoted text