Colorizing Ortho - Process Exited With Unknown Error

Im on latest version v1.13.12.
When processing r3 pro v2 data, porcessing is failing on the final step Colorizing Ortho’ with 'unknown error.

When I re open Rock Desktop, I can view the processed point cloud and trajectories but obviously the ortho is not generated.

If I run processing a second time, it works without a problem.

I’ve logged with support, will report back with any findings.

Thanks
Jason

Logs and dataset have been submitted for investigation.

I was monitoring task manager and Rock Desktop was using a lot of memory (80%), even though I have 128Gb on my processing machine.

After restarting the PC, high memory usage still noted, but the dataset processed successfully.

Thanks
Jason

I am still encountering errors processing using Rock desktop to the point where it’s costing me a lot of time and I’m losing confidence in the software.

It tends to happen on datasets where I have flown more than one battery (hotswap) which makes me think its a memory issue.

Even restarting the machine does not always resolve the issue.

I have 128Gb ram and Rock Desktop seems to eat through it quickly.

If I do not process orthomosaic, it seems to work ok, so the issue is definitely with that step.

I am constantly getting this error as well, even when I don’t process the ortho. It seems since Rock included the ortho I have had this error more than not. Tech said I had a bad photo, removed and it finally processed. Tried another project, same error and no way to know if a photo is bad or not. Rock needs to stop relying on us to fix there bugs. Time is money!

1 Like

Exactly!

Are most of your flights needing more than one battery and needing a hotspot? Eg multiple batteries but still one lidar dataset on the usb stick?

I think the error is rock desktop when processing ortho, happens mainly when I have a flight that includes one or more hot swaps.

Single battery flights do not tend to suffer the same issue.

Also, have you monitor memory usage on your pc when processing? Rock desktop is memory intensive which could also be part of the issue.