Cloud UI Feature Request

So I’m coming to the Rock Cloud from LP360 and one thing I REALLY like about that software is the ability to draw profiles and see your GCPs within the profile. Pretty standard stuff to be able to QC your vertical. What I’m hoping for here is the ability to see an enlarged, colored point for the GCP value when I draw a profile over it. Since the Cloud requires you to make transformations prior to processing data, it would be ideal to be able to check this vertically first. I also REALLY appreciate the ability to perform XYZ adjustments on the fly in the cloud, this missing link between the two work flows would help me further transition away from LP360.

The other part that makes it difficult to QC those GCPs is the black labels. Can we get a higher offset of the label from the point? Sometimes it’s just too close and makes it harder than I feel it should be when trying to tighten things up on a target. There’s also one other weird thing that happens, the labels of other GCPs, when in line with the GCP point, cover up the point itself. Is there a way to set priority to the GCP point and label closest to the viewer’s position? In the attached image, Panel 3 is 2ft in front of me and I’m trying to QC it, but the point AND label are being blocked by ones 0.75mi away.

Screenshot - GPC and Label Blocked

1 Like

Yes Please!! I would love this feature to be added. The labels are too large and always block what I am trying to look at.
I would like the ability to custom turn on

• Point Numbers
  • Point X data only, or Y data only, or Z data only, or all three
  • Priority display or non-priority display.
  • This would be nice for all the measurements.
2 Likes

This is what I’m talking about fellas… Lets figure out the best aerial target for the R2A also! That’s top of my list.

1 Like

@RSI_Eric
Thank you for the feedback!

First change just deployed to address part of this. The GCP labels now display on hover. All other times they are hidden. Let me know your thoughts.

1 Like

This is awesome. Thanks! I have had trouble with this too.

Feature Request: the ability to name/describe your exports. ie ProjectCloud at 30pct, GroundOnlyCloud at 50pct, FullCloud Zshift -0.12m… ect…

2 Likes

Great Idea, we’ll add it to the backlog and try to get to it soon!

Thanks Anthony! Great ideas to keep us innovating and provide users the best possible experience as always. Wait until you see what these guys have been working on lately!!!

@Alex I had some feedback on the recent Cloud UI changes- can we incorporate a history of Translation changes or something showing cumulative change from originally uploaded cloud? This is important to me in QCing data out of PCMaster and in any chain of custody documentation with the data. (Ex- customer says hey we’re seeing some discrepancies between your values and our field shots, what was your translation on this project?) In the old UI it retained that value in the box after saving. I’ve noticed when saving today that it no longer retains the translation value.

@Eric I’ll add a ticket in for a history feature.

1 Like