Base Station Question

Hey everyone,

We’re just joining the Rock group here and while we have a fair amount of experience with lidar scanning we have mostly used systems in the past that didn’t require data logging from our local base station. My understanding is if trying to obtain an OPUS solution for an unknown point we need to log data for 2+ hours. Do we still need a 2 hour log if I am setting up on a known control point or what time is a good rule of thumb there? Most of our flights will occur over a know control point network.

Also is anyone using an M200 still and what flight software are you using? We’re leaning towards UCGS but I haven’t seen if it plays well with our current airframe.

Thanks!

Hey! So first off, if your not going to use the base station to compute an opus solution then the only requirement is that the base station is logging before the r2a then the base station is running after the r2a.

You can set up over the known point, then start logging. Immediately fly with the r2a. Land, shut down the r2a. Pack up then stop logging on the emlid. As king as the base station was logging before and after, then you are good.

Now, I still let it log for a few minutes before I turn on the r2a then let it run a few minutes after, but that’s just old habits from previous generation LiDAR systems. But I still feel more comfortable :smile:

Mission planning software for M200. I still like map pilot pro

Much cheaper than UgCS and good enough

1 Like