Another new install

Got my unit installed just now. I’m mounted on a rooftop via unistrut.

As for power, I went a little different route - since all I had was a weather resistant 110 outlet up there, I went put in a POE injector, ran an ethernet cable over to a POE splitter in the weather proof housing, and then back out to USB-C. Probably a bit more complicated than it needs to be, but I couldn’t find a wall charger that was low enough profile to fit under under the cover of the 110 outlet. That, and no one makes a USB-C cable that’s going to hold up to being in the Texas sun 24-7. Outdoor rated ethernet cable ftw.

Here’s my install.

All cables enter the enclosure via weather tight seals. Fingers crossed this is up for a long time!

3 Likes

Sweet set up.

Good luck with the Texas sun.

1 Like

6 weeks in, and no issues thus far. The past few days have been up near 100°F, and my uptime is still very solid. Glad it seems to be working.

Why is there what looks like an adapter coming out of the Rock box to the POE USB-C cable? I like this setup, future proofed for hard-wire ethernet.

It’s a POE adapter that splits out 5v to male micro-usb. So my system goes POE injector to ethernet cable to POE adapter/splitter to the Base.